Terms and Conditions
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, and American Express.
The vast majority of our items are bespoke and unique, therefore items appearing on the website might no longer be available and we reserve the right to withdraw any item from sale at any time, even after an order has been placed. We will contact you as soon as possible in the event of your ordering an unavailable item.
All prices are in GBP and are inclusive of VAT (where applicable). The total cost of your order is the price of the item plus delivery charge. We try to ensure all prices on our website are correct and up to date at all times. However it can be the case that prices are incorrect or have changed without notice. In the event that a price is incorrect we reserve the right to withdraw the product from sale and cancel your order.
The charges for postage and packaging, or for manual delivery will be determined at the time of order. For accessories and gift orders please allow 5-7 working days from the date of dispatch for your order to arrive except at Christmas and New Year when deliveries will take up to 10 working days. We aim to dispatch all such items within 3 days of your order being accepted, and payment being received and authorised.
For furniture and other larger items the goods will be delivered by a furniture delivery specialist at a mutually convenient time. You will be contacted by us to arrange delivery as soon as your order has been accepted, and payment has been received and authorised.
Please note: From the moment a carrier attempts to deliver the goods they are the customer’s full responsibility and the customer must accept the goods when they are ready to be delivered. The card holder must be at the delivery address when the item arrives in order to sign for it or the package will be returned and you will be charged for any extra costs incurred. Where the customer does not comply with our attempts to deliver the goods we may, at our discretion, cancel the entire or part of the order and charge the customer up to 25% of the total cost of the order to cover storage, shipping and any other charges incurred. Delivery estimates are not guaranteed. Special order items may take longer to deliver. We will always keep you informed of any unforeseen delay.
If you wish to cancel an order you may do so by calling us on 020 8995 4166 as soon as possible. In the case of posted/couriered accessories and gift orders this must be within 4 hours, as they are likely to be dispatched the following day. All our furniture items are bespoke and therefore in the event that having placed an order you wish to cancel it, we will unfortunately have to charge a cancellation fee of 25% of the value of the order plus any other delivery or collection fee incurred. It is not possible to cancel an order once it has been dispatched.
Our acceptance of your order resulting in the completion of the contract between you and THE OLD CINEMA will take place on the dispatch of the items ordered by you, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it in accordance with the cancellation terms above. Your order may not be accepted by us in the case that:
- The item you ordered is unavailable
- We cannot obtain authorisation for your payment
- We identify an error in the item price or description
- You are not eligible to purchase items from us as you fail to meet the criteria set out below
- We reserve the right to reject any offer to purchase made by you at any time. We will take great care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure but, in the absence of negligence on our part, we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the website.
Item descriptions and photographs
We take great care to ensure all descriptions on the website are correct, and that any marks or damage that are above and beyond normal wear and tear are included in the item description and the item is priced accordingly. If you are unsure of any aspect of an item please contact us prior to purchase for more information. All sizes and measurements are approximate. We make every effort that images match the relevant item as closely as possible but the constraints of digital reproduction on different web browsers can cause colour depiction to deviate from the actual item.
You must confirm that the credit or debit card being used is yours. All credit/debit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Refusal of Transaction and Eligibility to Purchase
We reserve the right to withdraw any products from this website at any time and/or remove or edit any materials or content on this website. We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of our withdrawing any item from this website whether or not that item has been sold; removing or editing any materials or content on the website, refusing to process a transaction or unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
To be eligible to purchase items from this website and lawfully enter contracts on this website under English law you must:
- Register by providing your real name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, payment details and any requested information.
- Possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us.
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Stipulate a delivery address in the United Kingdom. Please note that PO Box numbers, hotels, and accommodation addresses are not acceptable.
- By making an offer to buy an item, you specifically authorise us to transmit or to obtain information about you from third parties, including credit or debit card numbers or credit reports, to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorisation and to authorise individual purchase transactions.
Circumstances beyond our control
THE OLD CINEMA reserves the right to cancel, vary or suspend any contract of sale if events occur which are beyond our control including fire, floods, storms, lock-downs, riots, industrial action, or non-availability of materials or supplies.
The registered company address of THE OLD CINEMA is:
THE OLD CINEMA
160 Chiswick High Road
LONDON W4 1PR
VAT registration number: GB219954334